It is obvious that the Governor and Texas Legislature are not telling you the truth about fixing the grid.
Tell the Governor and Legislature, out of respect to those who died, this is the least we can do — fix the grid and tell us who walked off with $50B. And, do NOT foist the costs of the fiasco onto the backs of ratepayers — your fellow Texans — and our children’s children.
Many thanks to: Moderator, Mark Miller, host David Jones and panelists: Bill King, Virginia Palacios and Paul Robbins, and experts from TxFEB.com.
You can also view LIV’s forum on “The Big Squeeze” about Texas water wars, held on May 25. Thanks for the lovely dialogue from attendees.
Click on the hand squeezing failure.
What You Can DO!
(Scroll down to the end of this page for the homework we’ve done for you.)
Ø Call the Governor at 512.463.2000 or go the the Governor’s web page and ask him to place fixing the grid on the agenda for the special session starting on July 8 as THE priority: gov.texas.gov.
Ø Urge the Governor and your legislators to appoint a commission with qualified people to take the time – several months – to develop comprehensive solutions to the problems caused by the winter storm and to bring them back to the Legislature and we, the people.
Ø Get your organization to reach LIV to join the coalition for a full accounting of the Big Freeze. Let them know we political independents shall not forget and we can swing elections!
Texas is purple! Most Texas voters do not party salute!
- Join the League of Independent Voters of Texas (LIV) for as little as $10 dues or free to volunteers!
- Sign in for email alerts: or call 512.213.4511
- Twtter: @LIVofTX
- Facebook: League of Independent Voters of Texas
- LIV’s board meets every Monday night at 7 pm. Contact us to sit in sometime.
We’ve done a little of your homework. Our mission is for independents to be the best educated voters in Texas!
You can also send us your questions now to email@example.com.
- This Mark Miller slide show gives you the basics.
- The Texas Power Grid Failure is More Complicated the Green v. Carbon, Bill King, Feb. 19, 2021.
- Leaked recording reveals Texas will not overhaul electricity grid after deaths, Houston Chronicle, Mar. 19, 2021
- Austin Should Lead the Way on Renewables, op-ed by Paul Robbins, Austin American-Statesman, 2018.
- Don’t Forget the Role of the Railroad Commission and natural gas producers in power outages, op-ed by Virginia Palacios, Dallas Morning News, April 4, 2021.
- Why Texans Shouldn’t Pay for the PUC and ERCOT’s $46B Mistake, TxFEB.com
How to reach the panelists for the April 12 forum:
Paul Robbins, Environmental Directory: https://environmentaldirectory.info/clean-energy/
Virginia Palacios, Commission Shift: https://commissionshift.org/
Bill King: https://billkingblog.com/
Brandon Young & Shane Cawood: TxFEB.com