Do you oppose the San Antone hose, aka Vista Ridge? Sign the petition!
Note: San Antonio can exit this $3.4 billion dollar boondoggle anytime, for any reason up to May 2017, for pennies on the dollar. It's in the contract.
Read our position paper: Vista Ridge: Vista Buena or Vista Mala?
Read our paper on Vista Ridge Project Financial Questions Answered Nov 18 2015
Read this helpful fact sheet from the Hill Country Alliance about Vista Ridge
League Testimony, San Antonio City Council Rate Hikes, November 19, 2015
Homeowners-Taxpayer Association of Bexar County Testimony, San Antonio City Council Rate Hikes, November 19. 2015
Looking for the 50%+ rate hikes San Antonio is imposing on their ratepayers for Vista Ridge? Rate Hike Charts
Read Dr. Curtis Chubb in the Rivard Report, Nov. 16, 2015: Commentary: Is the Vista Ridge Groundwater Reliable? and his recent report in the Cameron Herald here and here.
Read this letter by SA Council's own appointed Environmental Committee on questions left unanswered over a year after the contract was signed.
Looking for hydrologist George Rice's report on Vista Ridge? Click here
To order a yard sign or larger seen above, go here.
Click here to see a much better map for the Vista Ridge pipeline than the one on this page.
Be sure to visit our News page which contains lots of up-to-date information about Vista Ridge.
On October 30, 2014, after two weeks of playing hide and seek with a 616-page $3.4B contract, the San Antonio City Council voted unanimously to ram the Vista Ridge contract through. It is a massive giveaway to the real estate lobby that intends to have SAWS (San Antonio's water utility) reverse course on being a leader in water conservation. Now, SAWS will be peddling water from Burleson County along the 142-mile pipeline endangering not one, but two aquifers and affordable water supply to millions of central Texans.
Please join us at upcoming events, sign up to receive our emails and do join the League. It is time for the independent voters of Texas to be heard -- by the millions!
More on why Vista Ridge can do such harm:
- Start with these dueling op-eds by our own Michele Gangnes (Lee County water activist) and San Antonio Joe Krier (District 9).
- Vista Ridge is a risky public-private partnership, go here and a bad deal for urban and rural Texas, go here.
- This Texas Tribune piece by San Antonio's Amy Hardberger gives an excellent overview.
- Vista Ridge' is a big real estate grab to continue developing in areas without water, go here.
- San Antonio ratepayers don't want the rate hikes to pave over their own sensitive Edwards Aquifer recharge zone, go here and here.
- Vista Ridge could damage the critical aquifer of the Post Oak Savannah and the Lost Pines, go here and here.
- A bit of San Antonio news coverage on Vista Ridge, go here.
- Did you see this great KLRU-TV water special? Watch for the Stop the Water Grab sign as our friend, Andy Meyer of Paige, does a great interview, go here.
- Video of the October 30, 2014 public hearing before the San Antonio City Council and San Antonio Express-News coverage here.
- For the fascinating and rather sordid history of water leasing that preceded Vista Ridge, we suggest you read this incredible reprint of a 2006 article in the San Antonio News Express on the Trans-Texas Corridor News blog.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT VISTA RIDGE HAS UNITED URBAN AND RURAL TEXAS!
- We are developing plans along the 142-mile pipeline and for the 2015 legislative session.
- If you use Facebook, be sure to like our page and stand by to comment, like and share!
- Make a donation and join to the League of Independent Voters! Learn more here.
Use the share buttons at the end of this page and get your friends across Texas to slow down the Vista Ridge water and money grab now! Wanna help? Call us at 512.213.4511 or go to our contact section.